Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Coincover is on a mission to make digital currency accessible to everyone by making it safe. To do this, we are building the next generation of cryptocurrency and blockchain enabled services for the fast-growing trillion-dollar, digital asset market.
By combining technology, data, operational security, and insurance, we are the first and only service to guarantee the safety of digital assets which means they will never be lost or stolen.
Founded in 2018, we are a UK founded and HQ’d venture capital backed Fintech / Insurtech start-up operating on the global stage – and you will be in at the beginning, working with us to change the way people accumulate, hold, and manage their cryptocurrency.
Put simply, we are the market leader in protecting digital asset holders and users.
As we buildout a world class engineering function, we are hiring for Software Engineers with strong server/client-side development experience. You would be proficient working with; Typescript, Node.js and other related tools and frameworks as well as a good understanding of APIs and how they integrate with third parties.
You will be joining a “self-optimised” squad who have full autonomy on how they deliver so a self-starting attitude is essential for success in this position.
We want people who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. Do you have ideas on better ways to achieve deliverables? We would love for you to bring them to the table and evangelise positive change and best practices.
Role and Responsibilities
- Hands-on design and development to the full software development lifecycle within a self-organising and cross-functional agile team
- Use your relevant experience to influence the design and technology stack and technical direction of the team
- Responsible for the quality implementation (supportable, maintainable, scalable and secure) of code.
- Help answer hard questions: “how often do we deploy our code?”, “how do we best make use of cloud services?”, “at what point do we consider Micro-services?”, “could another coding language better solve this challenge?” and “how do we scale?”
- Your job doesn’t stop when you commit our code - it’s crucial to be thinking about how it runs in production + work closely with our Platform Engineers running Infrastructure As Code.
- Immersed in a highly Agile environment that’s transparent and cohesive as you help create a streamlined engineering process that’s highly efficient.
- Continually learn new skills and technologies
- Working with RESTful API's and JSON, both as a consumer and producer
- Good understanding of NodeJS and web services
- Good understanding of SQL DML and DDL (especially PostgreSQL)
- Good understanding of TDD/BDD practices
- Working with user stories in an agile / scrum environment
- Version control (git) experience
- Cloud(especially AWS) infrastructure patterns and services
- Container based infrastructure knowledge
- Strong understanding of CI, build systems and pipelines
- NoSQL working knowledge
- Golang working knowledge
Location and Renumeration
The successful candidate will be based in the UK. Travel may be required.
The remuneration package will comprise of a competitive base salary, bonus, stock options and other benefits.
Something looks off?