Senior Accountant (6 months contract)
Nansen is a blockchain analytics platform that enriches on-chain data with millions of wallets labels. Crypto investors use Nansen to discover opportunities, perform due diligence and defend their portfolios with our real-time dashboards and alerts.
About the role
This is a fixed term contract for at least 6 months with some possibility for extension, or a permanent position if the candidate performs to a high level in the role.
We are seeking an experienced and hands-on Senior Accountant who is able to manage our company's accounting operations. This role reports directly to our Singapore based Director of Accounting.
- Manage and perform daily, weekly and monthly accounting tasks including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger entries, and bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly internal management reporting, focusing on delivering timely, accurate and meaningful information to stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with SFRS accounting standards
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process.
- Manage relationships with banks, vendors and other external stakeholders
- Monitor accounts receivable aging and take appropriate action to minimize delinquency
- Manage the accounts payable process, including processing invoices, making payments, and reconciling accounts
- Manage all GST and indirect tax matters in Singapore
- Ensure compliance and timely filing of tax returns
- Assist in NetSuite integration efforts
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the field of Accounting
- Strong Excel and G-Suite skills
- Familiarity with Xero (bonus if you have NetSuite experience as well!)
Who you are
- An excellent communicator
- Self-starter and able to operate independently, with a high degree of autonomy while maintaining a focus on delivery and excellence at work
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to adapt to changes in priorities and plans
- Detail oriented and hands on
- Empathetic, kind, curious, and sincere, with bonus points for crypto fluency
What we offer
- Ambitious business that is a web3 leader
- Transparency, courage, speed, & curiosity, our core values which enable staff to excel
- Remote first and people first company with a global hiring strategy
- Backed by world class investors including a16z, Accel, GIC, Tiger